How can you secure your future when established businesses such as Hertz, J. Crew, and Neiman Marcus declared bankruptcy this year? We’ve watched local businesses close, people lose jobs or hours at work, and donations to churches and ministries plunge. On top of that, many people separated from friends, family, and fellow believers are suffering from lack of emotional support.
Do you think God’s disappointed in you? He’s not. You cannot shock or disappoint God. How can I say such a thing? Because the Bible says that we were chosen “according to the foreknowledge of God the Father” (1 Peter 1:2). In other words, God knew everything about you and me before we were born, before He chose us.
He knew everything He was getting in me, yet still chose me to be His child and to represent His Kingdom. That is not a pass to misbehave. It is an incentive to get up when I fall down—to press on. God knows He did not make a mistake in choosing you or me. He will fulfill His purpose in us. He knows the Spirit won’t fail to form Christlikeness in us (1 John 3:2-3).Continue Reading
Do questions dog you, wake you up at night, and interrupt your thoughts? What do you do when you don’t know what to do? Do you know how to ask God for help?
Recently I’ve heard people wondering—
- If it’s safe to return to business?
- What’s the right medical protocol for my issue?
- Is it wise for my children and grandchildren to fly in for a visit?
- Does God want me to start a new project?
Even before the complications Covid-19 added, we faced questions that reached beyond our understanding. Where do you go for answers? We Google some questions, but Google can’t help with the personal queries that burden us. Continue Reading
With the release of Little Faith, Big God just around the corner, I thought it’d be fun to offer a quiz to whet your appetite to know more about some of the people covered in the book. The answer key is at the bottom.
A Fun Quiz on Hebrews 11
- Who was history’s first martyr?
- Why was this person murdered?
- What preacher of righteousness failed to win any converts to faith in God outside of his family and yet is commended for his faith?
- According to Hebrews 11, how did the people of old earn a good reputation?
- Who was remembered specifically as pleasing God and for an unusual departure to heaven?
- What four men from different generations does Hebrews 11 name who, despite not seeing the fulfillment of God’s promise, died believing His promise would yet be fulfilled?
- Without what quality is it impossible to please God?
How did you do? Are you ready to discover more?
The stories of the believers named in Hebrews 11 inspire me. Continue Reading