Don’t miss today’s HUGE giveaway below!
The holidays rush in with expectations of how our house should look, people should act, and life should be. Why is this mindset dangerous? Because attaining a perfect life without setbacks isn’t biblical. Life under the sun isn’t fair or just. It rarely meets our expectations of how things should be.
An enlightened worldview says difficulties are normal and necessary for our personal and spiritual growth. Knowing God is in control and uses these big and small battles for our good changes how we face disappointment. Instead of being discouraged because life sometimes stinks, we shift our hope off our circumstances and onto the God of hope. (Emphasis added below.)
- “Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own” (Matthew 6:34 NIV).
- “I have told you these things, so that in me you may have peace. In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world” (John 16:33 NIV).
- “We must go through many hardships to enter the kingdom of God” (Acts 14:22 NIV).
- “Consider it pure joy, my brothers and sisters, whenever you face trials of many kinds because you know that the testing of your faith produces perseverance. Let perseverance finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking anything” (James 1:2-4 NIV).
- “Dear friends, do not be surprised at the fiery ordeal that has come on you to test you, as though something strange were happening to you” (1 Peter 4:12 NIV).
If someone said, “I’ve seen your future. Expect trouble every day,” I’d worry. “What kind of trouble? How big? How painful?” I would focus on the future and miss the pleasures of each day. But Jesus has warned us to protect us from this response.
The Best Expectation
Knowing daily obstacles and irritations are a normal part of life can help us face them with hope. God has not abandoned us. He is with us and for us.
“And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age” (Matthew 28:20 NIV).
“Surely your goodness and love will follow me
all the days of my life,
and I will dwell in the house of the Lord
forever” (Psalm 23:6 NIV).
Dear Father, I’ve looked for peace in circumstances. I’ve believed that if I could change my circumstances or others then I would have peace. Grant me the grace to let go of my worries and see Your goodness today.
Learn more about expectations in Give Yourself a Break.
HUGE THANKS-MERRIEST HOLIDAY Giveaway!!! Ends November 29th
Need a boost of inspiration and joy this season?
Want tools and insights to live your best?
Are you a podcast enthusiast or a book lover?
Seeking fresh gift ideas and an opportunity to win them?
If you answered YES to any of these questions then YOU WANT TO ENTER THE THANKS-MERRIEST HOLIDAY Giveaway!!!
We are giving away:
1- GRAND PRIZE worth over $400
$250 Amazon Gift Card AND this Book/Gift Bundle worth over $180…
Upcycled: Crafted with a Purpose ebook by Tina Yeager
Teabloom Teapot (40 oz) with removable loose tea glass refuses – includes 2 Blooming Teas
The Little Pot Book by Dawn Stephens
Forgotten Past by USA Today Bestselling Author Mary Alford
The Truth Will Make You Free by Britt Mooney
Seeking Joy through the Gospel of Luke: A Christmas to Calvary Advent Countdown by Christine Trimpe
God’s Gift by Lee Ann Mancini
Fresh Hope for Today: Devotions for Joy on the Journey by Grace Fox
After the Flowers Die by Renee L Kennedy
A Sweet Romance for Every Season Anthology
Little Strength, Big God by Debbie W. Wilson
AND WAIT, THERE’S MORE …
EVERY ENTRANT will get a FREE GIFT from our participating creative geniuses!
Be sure to enter TODAY! Contest ends November 29th.Don't miss today's #giveaway!! Plus, do you expect life to be fair? #Hope Click To Tweet
We participate in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites. This doesn’t add any cost to the purchase.