Are you close to someone who struggles with seeing truth? It might be your child who doesn’t see her beauty or your spouse who doesn’t recognize the treasure of his family. It could be you, who can’t see your ability or potential with God.
Clear vision comes from the heart. We enhance heart vision when we fast and pray (Eph 1:18, Mk 9:29, 2 Cor. 6:7, Jn 8:43, 44). These spiritual actions remove spiritual blindness. Throughout the days I fast and pray, God will often do the following:
- Lead me to pray for what is hidden. Recently while praying for an abused young mother, I was prompted to pray for her fear of being alone. She had never mentioned it. Yet, I later learned this fear was driving her actions. She faced her fear. Now she and her children are prospering.
- Reveal how to share the truth. When a friend began an immoral relationship, I met with him and told him I was deeply concerned for him. Rather than focusing on what was wrong, we talked about what was best. He listened.
- Remove the burden of responsibility. Jesus told His disciples to share the message and then move on from those who reject it (Matt. 10:14). As I do my part, I’m able to believe God will do His part, and I see His heart for them (Jn 14:21).
If you need help with a faith, relationship, or communication challenge, we’re here for you. You are important to God and to us.Clear #vision comes from the heart. We enhance heart vision when we fast and #pray. Click To Tweet
- A former abusive father has changed and started building a better relationship with his daughter.
- Debbie and Ginny will be offering Tuesday evening Bible studies this fall. Debbie’s will be an online study of her book Little Women, Big God. Contact us to learn more.
- Savvy Homeschooler July 31st- August 1. An online conference to equip you for the school year. I’ll be teaching, “How to Partner with God in Leading Your Child.” Click here to register. And here’s your 10% discount code.
- Click the picture to watch the video.