“Have you seen this?” Larry held out his phone displaying a news flash announcing that Israel had been attacked. I stared at the screen, rereading the words, not wanting to believe what I saw. Swallowing hard, I whispered, “Deb and her husband are leading a team there now.”
I’d prayed with my friend two days before she flew to Israel. She’d expressed concerns about going.
I texted Deb, “Are you ok?”
“Yes. Spent much of the day in the basement farm shelter…”
News reports, describing children hiding under their beds and seeing their parents lying in a pool of blood, crushed me. I asked my Bible studies to join me in prayer for Israel and for my friend’s safe return.
By God’s grace, Deb and her husband made it out Sunday morning as the sun rose over the horizon. Yet two thirds of their team remain, struggling to get out as I write this.
We know God is on the throne. Sometimes, as with Pharaoh, He allows evil to manifest in order to display His glory and show his people and the world that He is God (Exodus 14:4; 31).
For the Scriptures say that God told Pharaoh, “I have appointed you for the very purpose of displaying my power in you and to spread my fame throughout the earth” (Romans 9:17 NLT).
Please Pray for Israel and All Who’ve Been Affected
- For solace and strength for those reeling with loss and those who’ve been kidnapped.
- For many in Israel, the Middle East, and the world to turn to Christ. (Remember Rahab)
- For wisdom for Israel’s and other nations’ leaders to know how to respond.
- For God to protect His people and show Himself strong on their behalf.
- For peace.
Blessed is everyone who blesses you, O Israel,
and cursed is everyone who curses you” (Numbers 24:9 NLT).
Below are some resources that provide further insight for those interested in learning more about this.
- Tipping Point with Jimmy Evans on Israel at War and Prophecy and Standing with Israel
- Joel C. Rosenberg at All Israel News: Catastrophe: Israeli death toll now 800 — to understand the emotional impact…
- Little Strength, Big God is an interactive Bible study guide. Let the men and women in Hebrews 11 inspire and lead you to a strength greater than your own. Learn more at BigGod.us.