Today, my husband Larry offers two simple steps to help others fortify their faith when they are going through a life storm. Here’s Larry…
How can we best help someone embroiled in a tough battle, whether it be a serious illness, a broken relationship, or deep discouragement? There are multiple ways to help. Yet, if we help them fortify their faith in God, we help them find supernatural comfort, courage, and strength.
Two simple steps to help others fortify their faith.
- Refortify your own faith.
Hearing practical truth from God fortifies my faith. In Luke 9, I read how Jesus sent the Apostles on an assignment and told them not to take any provisions for their trip. Their needs would be met, but not in a way they could predict. This assured me that God will provide for me even when I can’t foresee how. This strengthened my faith where I needed it.
This is the victory that has overcome the world, even our #faith” (1 Jn. 5:4 NIV). #BestHelp Click To Tweet
This is the victory that has overcome the world, even our faith” (1 Jn. 5:4 NIV).
- Turn your insights into prayers.
The principles I receive from God often become prayers for others. After being reminded of how God meets our needs, I prayed a young woman, who’d just ended a toxic relationship, would believe God has healthy and satisfying relationships in her future.
And the things you have heard me say in the presence of many witnesses entrust to reliable people who will also be qualified to teach others” (2 Tim. 2:2 NIV).
Truth is both caught and taught. When we live by faith and pray for others, we provide the best help.
- Debbie’s new book Little Faith, Big God released this February. You can find it online or at your favorite bookstore.
- Rejoicing that many couples who survived moral crashes are closer than ever to God and to each another.
- Debbie is available to speak to your women and to help those who want to facilitate a group with one of her books. For info on joining or starting a group email us at [email protected]
- Thank you for your generous year-end response to the matching fund opportunity!