With the release of Little Faith, Big God just around the corner, I thought it’d be fun to offer a quiz to whet your appetite to know more about some of the people covered in the book. The answer key is at the bottom.
A Fun Quiz on Hebrews 11
- Who was history’s first martyr?
- Why was this person murdered?
- What preacher of righteousness failed to win any converts to faith in God outside of his family and yet is commended for his faith?
- According to Hebrews 11, how did the people of old earn a good reputation?
- Who was remembered specifically as pleasing God and for an unusual departure to heaven?
- What four men from different generations does Hebrews 11 name who, despite not seeing the fulfillment of God’s promise, died believing His promise would yet be fulfilled?
- Without what quality is it impossible to please God?
How did you do? Are you ready to discover more?
The stories of the believers named in Hebrews 11 inspire me. Where I see flaws, God saw magnificent faith. These imperfect men and women pleased God. That challenges and encourages me. Challenges, because we don’t get a pass because we’re flawed. Encourages, because God uses inadequate people.
They show spiritual health is not instant, but neither is it stagnant. Vibrant faith grows stronger with proper use. The heroes whose stumbles reassured me also inspired me with their dynamic faith.Faith stories are grace stories. God’s grace fuels your story too! #BigGod, #LittleFaithBigGod Click To Tweet
If you’ve wondered how God feels about you when you falter, if the weight of unexpected bills or strained relationships threatens to sink your spirit, or if your three steps forward seem to be followed by two back, then allow the faithful witnesses of Hebrews 11 to equip and encourage you. Faith stories are grace stories. God’s grace fuels our stories too!
Who is your favorite person of faith?
Sometimes I link with these great sites: