I don’t have a sweet tooth, I have twenty-eight of them. For me, going off sugar is as easy as Bilbo giving Gandalf the ring in The Lord of the Rings. But that sweet stuff suppresses your immune system and is dangerous for your health. In flu season that can spell trouble. To motivate me to break sugar’s grip I brushed up on some sugar facts.
Sour facts on sugar:
- Suppresses your immune system
- Causes cavities
- Increases moodiness, irritability, and depression (sugar blues)
- Saps energy
- Causes calcium loss from the body’s bone structure (to neutralize the acidity)
- Leads to weight gain and addiction (More addictive than cocaine for many.)
- Increases the severity of PMS
Paul wrote, “All things are lawful for me, but not all things are profitable. All things are lawful for me, but I will not be mastered by anything,” (1 Cor. 6:12, NASB). We do not want to become slave to our cravings.